Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bikes and Rock Art

Anyone who knows me knows that I have long made fun of mountain bikers/sprocket heads. However, mainly to get in shape for our upcoming British Columbia ski trip, I started biking some of the trails and have actually really started to enjoy it. I will not be purchasing any spandex or Lycra in the near future, and I would much rather be skiing, rafting, hiking or on the back of a horse, but I now know why so many people come here with bikes strapped on top of their vehicles. The best part is that I am usually so worried about dieing or breaking my neck, that I don't even realize how much of a work out it is.


Tyler crossing frozen Kane Creek on the Amasa Back Trail





















River on the Bar M Trail at the very head of Courthouse Wash.





















The Owl Man Panel. The Man in the panel is about five feet tall. All panels have a story behind them, but this is one where you just know there is some significant event being portrayed. You can also see the Birthing Panel from this site and several other significant rock art sites.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

next thing your know you will be saying "i never used to like motorbikes, but once i tried it i realized why they are so fun, now i know why everyone comes down here with motorbikes and atvs, there awesome"