Sunday, January 17, 2010

Gold Basin

With no snow for the last 15 days, the avalanche danger has receded somewhat in the La Sals so we headed into terrain that is usually reserved for the spring. We made it into the large cirques of Gold Basin and found unexpected good turning conditions. The temperatures were much warmer than down in the Moab valley.

Skiing Tele Gold



Talking Mountain Cirque at the very end of Gold Basin




Todd (in the lower left) making turns in Red Snow Cirque

Nate in Red Snow Cirque

Skinning up into Red Snow Cirque







3 comments:

Newty said...

Looks like good times, I'm guessing you're pretty happy having toad live down there. I am a little concerned to see you have let your principles go by the wayside. I mean I know it was a struggle for you to allow a splitboarded into the group, but now you're hanging out with "Clownhillers" ? Nice work Nato, you have infiltrated the inner sanctum or murdockdom.

wild bri said...

Yes it is nice to have Toad and Ash down here. You make us sound like such elitist, I accept everyone as long as they are primarily human powered. And no one has yet seen my inner sactum.

Newty said...

I said inner Sanctum, you can and please do keep your sactum to yourself ;)