Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Left Fork

We made our semi annual pilgramage to the Left Fork last weekend. This section of river holds a lot of memories. It is the first place Dad took us backpacking. I still remember Creed wanting to carry all the heavy stuff, so we gave it to him and he ended up crying about a mile down the trail, and then we had to unload everything and redistribute the weight. Seems like I still have to do that every time we go out. Taking my boys out to places that I experienced at a young age with my Dad and brothers (and sisters) is one of my favorite things. Hopefully there will always be wild places for generations of Murdocks to go to.

Creed and I backpacking Old School on the Left Fork with the Springville All-Stars hat and signature Murdock bowl cut

Grandpa and the next generation, notice the frame pack and pink ski pole and I am pretty sure he is still wearing some form of Springville sports hat


Bagels for breakfast

Brothers on a Rock

No comments: