Saturday, February 27, 2010

Haystack Peak

I got back out for a field day yesterday, after staring at a computer screen for way to long this week, responding to comments about a trail project we are working on in the Abajo Mountains.

We took the machines up to Warner Lake and cleared the roofs on the Forest Service cabin and shed and then went for a tour into upper Mill Creek to look at the snow pack. We saw a number of large avalanches from last weeks storm.

The snow surface actually had gotten quite wind and sun damaged this week so the skiing conditions were not great above tree line, but the snow was still good down in the trees.


Winter Aspens


North Face of Haystack

Skining up towards Haystack

1 comment:

Grandma Nancy said...

Hey, I think I know the owner of that Caterpillar hat.
In my next life, I want your job.