Saturday, May 31, 2008

Professor Creek/Mary Jane Canyon

Thirteen years ago almost to the day Alina and myself hiked up Mary Jane Canyon to a little waterfall. So today after finshing the wiring in the bathroom and hanging around for awhile to make sure that the house did not burn down due to my electrical inepdtitude I took the kids back up to Mary Jane Canyon. Last time I was there the main thing I remember was cutting down willows to use as swatters to swat the deer flies off of our calves, it was brutal. Today we only saw one deer fly and the kids loved walking up the stream bed. We did not make it to the waterfall this time but we caught a lot of frogs. See Rivers blog for frog details

The boys standing in Professor Creek below Castleton Tower

Ridge walking on water, he thought if he could run fast enough he could actually stay on top. I think he belived he did it

No comments: