Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Holidays and Imminent Hard Drive Failure

Our main computer locked up a few weeks ago and gave us a screen that said "Imminent Hard Drive Failure". We took it in and the computer dude (not sure what they are called maybe technician but I like dude better) told us that it was gone and we would not be able to retrieve anything off of it. I am so frustrated that I have tried not to think what I actually lost. But it has made me realize how addicted I am to capturing "images". Images of places and landscapes and everything I experience. I still enjoy taking photos but I am not going to get so attached to them from now on and just try to enjoy the experience while it is happening.


River contemplating the water fall after a 3 hour soak

Over Thanksgiving we hiked up to the Fifth Water Hot Springs. I always forget how nice these springs are. I am pretty sure this where all Utah County scouts see their first nekked person of the opposite sex. Thanks Merel.

Gold Basin High Country
The day after we got back from Thanksgiving we headed up to Geyser Pass to do some conifer thinning. Not much snow yet.

Tree hunters, watch out Douglas Firs


Decorating the Tree
The tree fell over later that night , I think that it is becoming a tradition to redecorate the tree after it has fallen over.




1 comment:

Grandma Nancy said...

Beautiful tree. Hope to see you during the Christmas break. The sleigh riding hill is snow packed and ready for you to arrive.