Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We wish you a Merry Old School Christmas




Creed already posted this video on his blog but I had to put it on here as well. This video is Christmas at the Murdocks 1984, family friend Carl Nielson rented (yes rented ) a high tech device to record video of everyone at Christmas. Thanks Carl.

I am pretty sure this is the first time I have seen myself (at a younger age) on video. Any of you that know my son River will be laughing at how similar are mannerism are. He is an exact clone of my own nerdy self (at the age of 11, now of course I am super cool). I remember sticking to those old brown vinyl couches. It does bring back good memories of Christmas, I hope my own kids remember thier Christmases as fondly as I remember mine. Now if we could only get some snow like we used to get back then.

7 comments:

Newty said...

That was fantastic! My favorite part was Stevie boys Merry Christmas at the end. I am counting on Alina to turn that into "Mer Mer Merry Christmas"

Grandma Nancy said...

That video is just awesome. A real keeper.

mena said...

I love it!! Love the haircut also.

miranda said...

It is really eerie how much you and River are alike, the voice, the mannerisms. I'm so glad you posted it as well as Creed- love my hair!

Gubba said...

That was awsome!! I think that is about the age when we became good friends. Classic Murdocks!!

Greg and Leigh said...

I don't know if "Super Cool" is the word that comes to mind, but that was a sweet video.
Todd hasn't changed a bit!!!!
Sundance has plenty of snow come on up I have snowboard you can ride.

Julie Castellon said...

Neat. Miranda does have great hair! Thank goodness they had that high tech machinery for rent!