Monday, March 23, 2009

Cedar Mesa

Myself and Ty and Bre went down to Cedar Mesa over the weekend and hiked the Owl/Fish Canyon loop. We had tried to do this hike in December four or five years ago but did not make it around because we ended up hiking into so many side canyons looking for kivas and pot shards.



Cedar Mesa is one of my favorite places. When you are on top it looks like a big endless plain of pinyon and juniper and then you start walking and canyons begin to cut into the mesa and drop away for a 1000 feet or more. The corneaters loved it too. Every nook and cranny is full of thier structures and art.




Ruin at the very head of Owl Canyon with an intact door


Well preserved ruin on the rim in Owl

Tyler looking at me like he does not trust me as I lower him over some sketchy ledges after retreating from the elusive ruin that I have tried twice to get into. Next time.

Trying to figure out a route to the ruin. I am begining to belive in flying humanoids

Big water/dry fall in Owl Canyon. The pothole below the fall was still frozen.








2 comments:

McKell said...

This looked like a fun trip. What do you mean you are STARTING to believe in flying humanoids, we all know they exist! In NZ some of the humanoids are hobbits.

Julie Castellon said...

Beautiful pictures! And I like "corneaters."