Friday, May 8, 2009

Aerial photo of the canyon complex we hiked into on Tuesday. I had been to this canyon several times ( I actually used to guide trips into this canyon a long time ago for Seldom Seen Smith) but had never been up any of it's forks. We went up the first fork this time and I was surprised at how lush it was. It is one of the prettiest canyons around Moab, full of cottonwoods and box elder. We followed deer and turkey tracks in the wet sand all the way to where the canyon ends in a large dryfall.

Can you tell where it is without looking at Google Earth?

4 comments:

creed said...

Courthouse wash in Arches, the road to the left gave it away. Aren't the upper branches technical?

mena said...

no, no i can't.
I am sure this question was not directed to me:)

Unknown said...

on behalf of me and d. fabreeze, this would make a great show... i'll talk to him and see what i can get lined up. i love that picture of the cactus too.

Ruahines said...

Kia ora,
So different from the lush green here in New Zealand, but looks absolutely beautiful. Great place you have here and I look forward to some excellent perusing.
Cheers,
Robb