Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not all Republicans are bad

In an attempt to be a little more objective when it comes to the GOP, I am writing this post to point out something that a Republican did that I agree with (there are actually lots of things out there that Republicans do that I agree with, I just don't like to admit it very often). I do like to use parentheses though.

Last week the Guv had this to say about illegal OHV use

"It's an abomination, it's an embarrassment," the governor said Wednesday during a meeting with The Salt Lake Tribune editorial board. Huntsman said that he recently visited the area around Moab with David Bonderman, a prominent venture capitalist and major financier for the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance, to see the damage done by illegal off-road travel. "I wanted to get a sense of what the concern was, and it became a concern to me," he said.

You can read the rest of the article here.

Not all OHV use is bad, but there are enough people out there who think it is their right to drive anywhere they want to and who have forgotten what thier legs are for, that it has become a major problem.

No comments: