Sunday, September 14, 2008

Politcal Quote/Thoughts for the Day

I told myself that I was going to remain calm and cool and objective during this presidential race. That I wan't going to go flying off the handle with spit flying out of my mouth, waving my arms wildly blaming the Republicans for everything wrong with the country like I am sometimes prone to do. I continue my vow to remain objective as I am beholden to neither party but I am throwing the calm and cool part out the door. What is going on?

How does being a moose hunter or being able to see Russia from a part of your state qualify anybody for being VP? I still like some of what McCain has done in the past,he has worked across party lines, he actually does belive the evidence that Global Warming is at least partly caused by human activity, he has actually supported wilderness bills in the past. But all I am hearing now is the same right wing rhetoric we have heard for the last 8 years. and then he goes to a NASCAR Race today just to top things off! (sorry Julie)

I love what Garrison Keillor had to say in his opinion piece today. Here is a small pice of it you can find the rest at Salon.com called "Bush with Big Hair"

"So the Republicans have decided to run against themselves. The bums have tiptoed out the back door and circled around to the front and started yelling, "Throw the bums out!" They've been running Washington like a well-oiled machine to the point of inviting lobbyists into the back rooms to write the legislation, and now they are anti-establishment reformers dedicated to delivering us from themselves."

How exactly are these "maverick" reformers going to change thier own party that has driven this country into the ground over the last 8 years? Sounds like the same old @#$% to me.

4 comments:

Newty said...

Pretty sure the reason the Repubs have chosen a Moose hunter as V.P. is that they hope to avoid another embarrassing "Shot in the face by the V.P." fiasco that was the only real failing of the current administration... the thinking is if she can kill a moose she can prolly aim well enough to avoid killing the major lobbyists. And she is hella better looking than joe Biden. If she starts wearing a lord flaunteroy outfit and Playing LARP then I may just be forced to Vote Republican.

Unknown said...

its go time, start knocking doors, and begging people to not vote on the idea of " are they folksy enough" or "could i drink a beer with him/her" like the great politician J. Stewart once said "she has a resume more qualified for a northern exposure reunion meeting, than the whitehouse"
lets roll

J. Melody said...

Bri, This confirms that you and my parents should NEVER talk politics. I like how this race is getting people fired up in both directions. It's finally engaging young people--or previously apathetic voters like myself.

J. Melody said...

Oh wait, my parents would agree with you on not wanting a moose hunter in the office.