Sunday, September 7, 2008

Westwater

We floated Westwater Canyon yesterday. We put on as the sun was going down on Friday evening and floated in the dark for a couple of hours to camp at Upper Cougar Bar. My favorite camp on this section was Lower Cougar Bar, big white beach against the black rocks of Westwater, but high water this year removed the beach and Lower Couger Bar no longer exists. The River giveth and and the River taketh away, it will be back some day.


Everybody had good runs with some kayakers taking some swims, just to make things more exciting.



Bird, fish, beef and corn grilling


Paul going through the hole at Skull and me and Nate avoiding it

10 comments:

Newty said...

Nice work Bri. Nothing but good times. I do have to point out that it was Inflatable "kayakers" that did the swimming, don't going hanging the term swimmers on me. What I really like is the Gluttony!

Greg and Leigh said...

Looks like fun. How do I get my name on the invite list.
Greg

miranda said...

I'm glad no one went hungry on this trip.

J. Melody said...

Gluttony is right. Good thing I taught everyone how to deal with overeating.

mena said...

That foods looks unbelievable!! I agree how do Regan and I get on the invite list?

creed said...

I think I'm still digesting meat from that night! You fotgot to mention the fourth specie on the grill-pork!

tiffy girl said...

Thanks y'all, I haven't laughed that hard, and eaten that much meat in a long time.

McKell said...

I am sad, so sad. Why do I let school get in the way of my education. Why? Why?

Unknown said...

after all this years, and i come to find out that newton is the only man in the family, excluding myself, way to go newty, whats next, uncle richard was adopted?

TyandBre said...

So glad we missed that hole...